BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLAN
Our commitment to clients
CGA: here to help
This has been a year of unprecedented challenges for everyone in hospitality. Ever since the pandemic’s impacts became clear, CGA’s team have provided the deep data and actionable insights that operators and suppliers alike have needed to optimise their recovery strategies—plus expert analysis to support our sector as a whole as it makes the case for support. Here are just six of the ways we have helped.
- Our crucial analysis of trading. Our Coffer Peach Business Tracker has grown to include 60 leading managed groups, while our Trading Index continues to strengthen. We’ve also accelerated our data turnaround times, ensuring market benchmarking can be achieved quicker than ever before. You can read all our latest sales analysis on our blog.
- Our work on the ‘We Hear You’ project with UKHospitality and Yumpingo, analysing the views of well over 200,000 consumers returning to the on-trade since the UK’s lockdown in the spring. It helped us all show that we are listening to people’s concerns and demonstrate what we know: that hospitality venues are safe to visit.
- Support for surveys of members of keytrade bodies UKHospitality, the British Beer & Pub Association and the British Institute of Innkeeping to highlight COVID impacts, concerns and priorities and provide the ammunition needed to lobby government. As UKH’s CEO Kate Nicholls has said: “The data CGA has provided has been a great help in our efforts to influence government policy for the better… We will continue to work closely together as partners supporting the industry.”
- Regular insights into consumer behaviour via our BrandTrack and Consumer Pulse surveys and bespoke analysis. They have revealed the wants of more
than 172,000 consumers in the new normal of trading, their reactions to landmarks like lockdowns, Eat Out to Help Out and recent trading restrictions, and what they mean for businesses. We’ve extended our international reach too, unlocking insights into consumer behaviour in countries including China and Australia.
- Authoritative analysis of hospitality’s reopening. Our Market Recovery Monitor with AlixPartners, driven by our Outlet Index data, has followed the rollercoaster ride of the on-trade in 2020, from its cautious reopenings in July to 80% capacity in September to just 6% open in November and—all being well—climbing back to pre-pandemic levels in 2021.
- Exclusive analysis of business leaders’ sentiment in the sector via our Business Confidence Surveys with Fourth, showing the ebb and flow of confidence and the priorities in the months ahead.
On the advice of the Government, all of our employees are now working from home and our physical offices in Stockport, Birkenhead and Chicago are currently closed. Our priority is – and always will be – our people.
All of our staff are comfortable working from home and we are confident our people are prepared. Your account teams are readily available by email, phone or video conference to help. We are continuing to treat this time as ‘business as usual.’ All of our team members are equipped with the technology they need to ensure they can continue to work effectively wherever they are.
We have policies in place which cover the appropriate way to work securely when out of the office to ensure confidentiality and the protection of data.
All internet connections on CGA laptops to our network are protected using secure VPN technology.
Along with following and adhering to all of the Government guidelines in place, we have also performed a full business impact assessments across our group (CGA, Nielsen CGA and CPL Learning) to identify potential risks and prepare for the continuation of services under a worse case scenario. We are working hard to mitigate the impact coronavirus will have on critical business functions, products and services.