Improving service is the top priority for leaders in the restaurant, pub and bar market this year. According to CGA’s newly released 2019 Business Leaders’ Survey, over half (51%) of bosses are prioritizing it as a growth opportunity for their businesses.
Getting the fundamentals right was a key theme that came through in the research, with service, staff engagement and customer interaction, all underpinned by training, being seen as the most important contributors to providing a winning consumer experience.
That’s why CGA and its sister company CPL Online – along with Harri, the international people management and engagement platform - are following up on the findings by sponsoring the 2019 Jim Sullivan Leadership Masterclass being held in London on March 27.
Globally renowned leadership guru Jim Sullivan will be providing practical solutions for operators wanting to up their service game by building and sustaining successful foodservice operations, front-line teams and leaders.
Companies already booked in include: Mitchells & Butlers, Casual Dining Group, The Ivy Collection, New World Trading Co, Deltic, Hawksmoor, Caffe Nero, K10, The Alchemist, Loungers, Brewdog, Krispy Kreme, YO! Sushi, Punch, Boxpark, Beds & Bars, Ego, Hippo Inns, Bistro Pierre, Darwin & Wallace, Pizza Pilgrims, Rosa’s Thai, Tortilla, Chilango, Amber Taverns, Anglian Country Inns, Amber Taverns, Salisbury Pubs, Silk Road and Fazenda.
There are still places available. To book see details below.
Sullivan will answer some of the sector’s key questions when he presents his one-day Masterclass in the auditorium at 30 Euston Square, London, on March 27, such as:
- Why do some teams outperform other teams doing the exact same work?
- If everyone agrees that the "fundamentals" are so important in foodservice operations, why are they executed on some shifts and not consistently on others?
- What are the best-demonstrated practices of high-performing multiunit leaders?
- What will the most successful foodservice leaders be doing differently by 2020? What will the average ones be doing the same?
- Does analog-style leadership make sense in a Digital Age?
- How do we create a culture that employees are striving to get in to instead of out of?
- Most importantly, how can we become the kind of company that would
- put us out of business?
This full-day, fun and interactive Masterclass will examine the five essential leadership behaviours of the most successful foodservice leaders and brands and Sullivan will share over one hundred practical strategies and tactics that you can immediately apply in your brand, restaurants or bars.
Who should attend: Concept founders, CEOs, operations directors, area managers, GMs, shift leaders, people directors, trainers, marketing directors, foodservice suppliers, and high-potential team members being groomed for leadership roles
What you'll learn: Over 100 specific and creative strategies and tactics to build like-for-like sales, improve customer service, lower employee churn, and build the next generation of leadership on your brand and teams.
Divided into five distinct Leadership Categories, you'll be able to apply the strategies immediately back in your businesses.
Categories he'll cover: Leadership, Team-Building, Service-Energizing,
Sales-Building, Marketing, Cost Control, Menu Merchandising, Third-party
Delivery, Employee Retention, Best Practices in Employee Training & Development, and more.
Here's some of what you'll learn - and learn how to teach:
- The seven best recruiting strategies for finding high-performing team members and managers
- 10 smart ways to teach your teams to serve better and sell more, every shift
- How to apply habitual consistency to process, performance and productivity every day
- The three things a manager should never say to team members before a shift
- The 12 things every employee wants from their company (and seven reasons why we fail)
- The best technologies to use to train and develop team members
- Four ways to ensure new employees are on-boarded effectively
- The five New Rules of Leadership in the Digital Age
- 21 ways to connect to the community surrounding your restaurant
- Why "time management" is dead and how to plan your day instead
- 31 operational best practices from the USA's 10 most profitable chains
- And much, much, more...
DATE, VENUE, PRICING
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
30 Euston Square
9.15am Registration 10.00am Starts 11.30am Coffee break 1.00pm Lunch 2.00pm Resumes 4.30pm Finish
- Single ticket: £430
- 3 to 5 places: £400
- 6 to 9 places: £380
- 10 to 19 places: £360
- 20 plus places: £330
(price per person, ex VAT)
HOW TO BOOK PLACES
To book your places or enquire about availability please email our event coordinator Sophie Spedding – via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the course do contact event producer Peter Martin on email@example.com or call 07889 209896.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY…
UK industry veterans Peter Martin and Ian Neill are co-producing this one-off event, with organization through boutique consultancy CM&Co. Both Ian and Peter will be joining Jim on stage on the day.
“You work in your business every day. Attend the Masterclass and spend a day working ON your business. Enter as a manager, leave as a leader. This is the only public seminar that Jim Sullivan will present in the UK in 2019. Bring your entire team. We'll see you there!”